Nelson Old Home Day Softball
Rules of the Game
- Everyone plays!
- The Ball Will be Soft: The 12-inch softball will be pre-softened to make the game more enjoyable. If you want to hit a rock-solid ball 500 yards, perhaps try out for the Keene Swamp Bats!
- Human Diversity: Every effort shall be made to ensure that each team encourages maximum human diversity during all line-ups.
- Orbital Diversity: Each batter will have the choice between a pitched softball, using a t-ball holder or kicking a kickball. In kickball mode, fielders must continue wearing gloves to intentionally introduce a degree of absurdity into an otherwise solemn affair.
- Mitt Co-op: Since many people do not own softball mitts, players will be identified who will be willing to share their mitts with the mittless.
- Two teams will be fielded: The “Monadnock No. 6’s” (otherwise known as “The Sixers”) and the “Packersfields” (otherwise known as the “Those Dang Packersfields”.) Captains will be identified to help recruit players before Old Home Days and organize the line-ups during the game itself.
QUESTIONS, OR TO OFFER TO HELP OUT AHEAD OF TIME
John Wengler. firstname.lastname@example.org